As a food, the oil from hemp seeds has the highest percentage of essential fatty acids and the lowest percentage of saturated fats. Britain and Canada have recently lifted bans on growing industrial hemp and today it is reappearing in the marketplace in an amazing array of products: from lip-salve, jeans, salad oil, and cheese to paper products, composite fiberboard, and biomass fuel.
This illustrated, easy-to-read guide covers all aspects of hemp:
• The history of its cultivation worldwide
• Its role as a source of renewable energy and as an alternative for paper manufacturing and fossil fuels
• Its versatility as a fiber
• Its many nutritional and medicinal uses
• Examines the physiological and psychological effects of marijuana use in recreation and therapy
• A comprehensive resource section includes information on organizations involved in legalizing hemp, product suppliers, and an annotated bibliography.
- Inner Traditions/Bear & Company
- Park Street Press
- Publication Date:
- Kindle Book
- OverDrive Read
- Adobe PDF eBook 8.4 MB
- Adobe EPUB eBook 5.4 MB
Rowan Robinson (Author)
Rowan Robinson is the pen name of an author who chooses to remain anonymous.