Eckhart Tolle on Great Western Classics
audiobook (Unabridged) ∣ Reflections on the Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Marcus Aurelius, Epictetus, Thomas a Kempis, and Plutarch
Add Book To Favorites
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
Eckhart Tolle Shares the Timeless Teachings and Practical Wisdom of Five Classic Works
Why is that some books remain relevant hundreds of years after they were first written? “Powerful books are more than simply books,” teaches Eckhart Tolle. “They are living energy fields that correspond with and open us to the state of consciousness in which they were written.”
In Eckhart Tolle on Great Western Classics, Eckhart shares from his personal bookshelf five works he holds dear to his heart and continues to turn to for guidance and inspiration. “Because they speak to the human condition—to each one of us—these writings have survived through the ages to offer practical wisdom about how to live sanely in the world,” he explains.
Join Eckhart as he brings to life the words and teachings of those he considers some of the earliest “flowers” of the awakening new consciousness, in five entertaining and informative talks including:
• “Eckhart on Emerson”—Eckhart reads and comments on passages from the collected essays of Ralph Waldo Emerson
• “Meditations” by Marcus Aurelius—discover the contemplations of the Roman Emperor with an extraordinary understanding of our shared human joys and sorrows
• “The Wisdom of Epictetus”—Eckhart explores the teachings of the former slave and Stoic philosopher who pointed to the contents of our thoughts as the source of suffering
• “The Imitation of Christ”—the path to spiritual awakening, as revealed by the 14th-century mystic Thomas à Kempis
• “On Contentment: An Essay by Plutarch”—a timeless teaching on unblocking the obstacles to the inner peace that is everyone’s birthright
Whether you’re familiar with these perennial gems or hearing about them for the first time, Eckhart Tolle on Great Western Classics is a uniquely engaging learning experience with the bestselling author and teacher.