Drawing upon her deep experience as a life coach, Baker writes of the specific need to understand our key relationships in a society in collapse, and how to navigate through differing levels of acceptance of collapse, trauma, and grief. Key relationships include those with our partners, children, friends, neighbors, as well as relationships with our work, our bodies, our natural resources, food and eating, animals, future generations, Eros, and indeed, the powers of the universe.
Baker's writing is engaging, inspiring, and often beautiful in its depth and candor. She introduces a variety of spiritual practices facilitate our developing a relationship with the deeper Self. With these practices and giving and receiving support from others who are walking a similar path, we begin to live more frequently from the deeper Self, or at least are able to access it more quickly when we find ourselves becoming embroiled in the ego.
Table Of Contents
• Chapter 1: Living, Loving, and Preparing With A Reluctant Partner
• Chapter 2: Children And Collapse
• Chapter 3: Friends, Neighbors, and The Community
• Chapter 4: Work and The Creative Soul
• Chapter 5: Our Relationship With Resources
• Chapter 6: Loving The Body As The World Falls Apart
• Chapter 7: Our Relationship With Food: Mindful Eating As A Spiritual Practice
• Chapter 8: Loving The Time Of Your Life
• Chapter 9: What An Animal You Are!
• Chapter 10: Darkness Matters
• Chapter 11: Ensconsed In Eros, Bathed In Beauty
• Chapter 12: Our Relationship With The Powers of The Universe
• Chapter 13: Near-Term Extinction And Waking Up To Death
• Chapter 14: Empire, I Wish I Knew How To Quit You
• Chapter 15: Grief And Love In A Culture Of Congestive Heart Failure
• Chapter 16: Our Relationship With Future Generations
- Kindle Book
- OverDrive Read
- Adobe EPUB eBook 1.2 MB
Carolyn Baker (Author)
CAROLYN BAKER, PhD, was a professor of history and psychology for 11 years and a psychotherapist in private practice for 17 years; she currently offers life coaching. She manages the Speaking Truth to Power website at www.carolynbaker.net and is t...