• Q&A with author Ransom Riggs
• Eight pages of color stills from the film
• Sneak preview of Hollow City, the next novel in the series
A mysterious island.
An abandoned orphanage.
A strange collection of very curious photographs.
It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive. A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.
"A tense, moving, and wondrously strange first novel. The photographs and text work together brilliantly to create an unforgettable story."—John Green, New York Times best-selling author of The Fault in Our Stars
"With its X-Men: First Class-meets-time-travel story line, David Lynchian imagery, and rich, eerie detail, it's no wonder Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children has been snapped up by Twentieth Century Fox. B+"—Entertainment Weekly
"'Peculiar' doesn't even begin to cover it. Riggs' chilling, wondrous novel is already headed to the movies."—People
"You'll love it if you want a good thriller for the summer. It's a mystery, and you'll race to solve it before Jacob figures it out for himself."—Seventeen
- Quirk Books
- Publication Date:
- Miss Peregrine
- Available in:
- United States, Singapore, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Ireland, Malaysia, South Africa, Taiwan, Egypt, Finland, India, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Turkey, Thailand, Venezuela, Qatar, Trinidad and Tobago, Oman, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, Hungary, Lebanon, China, Spain, Sweden, Colombia, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Belgium, South Korea, Nigeria, Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Bermuda, Luxembourg, Israel, Ivory Coast (Cote D'Ivoire), Malta, Vietnam, Honduras, Norway, Iceland, Japan, Panama, Estonia
- Kindle Book
- OverDrive Read
- Adobe EPUB eBook 123.3 MB
Ransom Riggs (Author)
Ransom Riggs is the author of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Quirk, 2011), a New York Times best seller with more than 5 million copies sold, as well as its best-selling sequels Hollow City (Quirk, 2013) and Library of Souls (Quirk, ...