The Weighted Blanket Guide
ebook ∣ Everything You Need to Know about Weighted Blankets and Deep Pressure for Autism, Chronic Pain, and Other Conditions
By Eileen Parker
Add Book To Favorites
Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
Providing everything you need to know about the use of weighted blankets to help with sensory integration, improve sleep, ease chronic pain and more, this book includes:
· What a weighted blanket is and how it works
· An exploration of deep pressure and how weight on the body affects the mind
· Guidelines for using weighted blankets at home and in professional environments
· Studies into the effectiveness of weighted blankets
· Advice on how to select an appropriate weighted blanket or sew your own.
Based on the latest research, this book dispels the online myths surrounding weighted blankets. It delivers clear information for occupational therapists and anyone considering using a weighted blanket to help with sensory processing disorder, autism, sleep disorders, fibromyalgia, post-traumatic stress disorder, and more.