Sports participation—from the recreational to the collegiate Division I level—is at an all-time high. While the caliber of their games may differ, athletes at every level have one thing in common: the desire to excel. In The Champion's Mind, sports psychologist Jim Afremow, PhD, offers the same advice he uses with Olympians, Heisman Trophy winners, and professional athletes, including:
• How to get in a "zone," thrive on a team, and stay humble
• How to progress within a sport and sustain long-term excellence
• Customizable pre-performance routines to hit full power when the gun goes off or the puck is dropped
With hundreds of useful tips, breakthrough science, and cutting-edge workouts from the world's top trainers, The Champion's Mind will help you shape your body to ensure a longer, healthier, happier lifetime.
- Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale
- Rodale Books
- Publication Date:
- Kindle Book
- OverDrive Read
- Adobe EPUB eBook 644.3 KB
Jim Afremow (Author)
JIM AFREMOW, PHD, LPC, is a sports psychologist and licensed counselor for Arizona State University. He has worked closely with athletes at all levels, including pros from the MLB, NBA, WNBA, NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, and LPGA Tour as well as business p...