This volume of specially commissioned work by experts in the field of film studies provides a comprehensive overview of the field. Its international and interdisciplinary approach will have a broad appeal to those interested in this multifaceted subject.
- Provides a major collection of specially commissioned work by experts in the field of film studies.
- Represents material under a variety of headings, including class, race, gender, queer theory, nation, stars, ethnography, authorship, and spectatorship.
- Offers an international approach to the subject, including coverage of topics such as genre, image, sound, editing, culture industries, early cinema, classical Hollywood, and TV relations and technology.
- Includes concise chapter-by-chapter accounts of the background and current approaches to each topic, followed by a prognostication on the future.
- Considers cinema studies in relation to other forms of knowledge, such as critical studies, anthropology, and literature.
- Adobe PDF eBook 3.4 MB
Robert Stam (Editor)
Robert Stam is Professor in the Cinema Studies Department at New York University. His many books include Film Theory: An Introduction (Blackwell Publishing, 1999); Tropical Multiculturalism: A Comparative History of Race in Brazilian Cinema and Cu...
Toby Miller (Editor)
Toby Miller is Professor in the Cinema Studies Department at New York University. He is the author or editor of a wide range of work in cultural studies, including A Companion to Cultural Studies (Ed. Blackwell Publishing, 2001), Technologies of T...