Antitrust Law, Policy and Procedure
ebook ∣ Cases, Materials, Problems
Add Book To Favorites
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
This innovative and popular casebook focuses on teaching antitrust through the best legal precedents available. It emphasizes current judicial opinions and includes dissents where relevant to help students grasp the issues. The notes reflect a balanced approach to the competing ideologies of left, right, and center--confronting their defects and presenting their strengths. Professors who are strongly committed to a particular ideology should find plenty of material to criticize or, alternatively, to illustrate their view.
This Edition is a substantial revision from the previous edition, with updating of all case law materials, including the recent decisions of the Supreme Court as well as numerous lower court decisions. The sections on pricing behavior, intellectual property, merger policy, and regulatory policy have been significantly expanded. The Sixth Edition includes coverage regarding:
• Comparative material focusing mainly on the competition law of the European Union;
• The transnational reach of the United States' antitrust law and the application of antitrust principles to intellectual property;
• The Microsoft case and its history as it implicates monopolization, tying doctrine, and market power analysis;
• Expert testimony after Daubert and its relationship to antitrust summary judgment motions; and
• The application of antitrust principles in the field of regulated industries.
Finally, there are additional problems for discussion.
This eBook features links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.