"A gentle, lyrical story of incomprehensible sorrow faced with quiet courage."—ELIZABETH WEIN, New York Times bestselling author
"Hubbard treats tragedy and new beginnings with a skilled, delicate hand."—JOHN COREY WHALEY, author of Where Things Come Back, winner of the Michael L. Printz Award
Senior Paul Wagoner walks into his school with a stolen gun, threatens his girlfriend, Emily Beam, and then takes his own life. Soon after, angry and guilt-ridden Emily is sent to a boarding school in Amherst, Massachusetts, where two quirky fellow students and the spirit of Emily Dickinson offer helping hands. But it is up to Emily Beam to heal her own damaged self, to find the good behind the bad, hope inside the despair, and springtime under the snow.
A Boston Globe Best YA Novel of the Year
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of the Year
A Tayshas High School Reading List Selection
A North Carolina Young Adult book Award Nominee
* "As graceful as a feather drifting down, this lyrical story delivers a deep journey of healing on a tragic theme."—Kirkus Reviews, Starred
* "And We Stay is a little gem of a book. . . . there is certainly something for anyone looking for a good read with a strong, believable female lead who is working her hardest to overcome tragedy."—School Library Journal, Starred
"Hubbard's writing is elegant and emotional."—Publisher's Weekly
"This novel is accomplished, polished, and mixes prose and poetry to stunning effect."—Booklist
"Hubbard . . . captures perfectly the turbulence of young love, the bonds of friendship, and the push-and-pull dynamic between teens and adults."—VOYA
From the Hardcover edition.
- Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group
- Listening Library (Audio)
- Publication Date:
- OverDrive MP3 Audiobook 161.6 MB
- OverDrive Listen 161.6 MB
Jenny Hubbard (Author)
JENNY HUBBARD is also a poet and playwright. Her debut novel, Paper Covers Rock, was a William Morris YA Debut Award Finalist.