Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor.
Together this dynamic pair begin a journey through space aided by quotes from The Hitchhiker's Guide ("A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have") and a galaxy-full of fellow travelers: Zaphod Beeblebrox—the two-headed, three-armed ex-hippie and totally out-to-lunch president of the galaxy; Trillian, Zaphod's girlfriend (formally Tricia McMillan), whom Arthur tried to pick up at a cocktail party once upon a time zone; Marvin, a paranoid, brilliant, and chronically depressed robot; Veet Voojagig, a former graduate student who is obsessed with the disappearance of all the ballpoint pens he bought over the years.
Where are these pens? Why are we born? Why do we die? Why do we spend so much time between wearing digital watches? For all the answers stick your thumb to the stars. And don't forget to bring a towel!
Praise for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
"A whimsical oddyssey . . . Characters frolic through the galaxy with infectious joy."—Publishers Weekly
"Irresistable!"—The Boston Globe
- Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group
- Random House Audio
- Publication Date:
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Available in:
- United States, Singapore, Canada, South Africa, Turkey, Switzerland, Qatar, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Finland, South Korea, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, Sweden, Colombia, Thailand, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, China, Germany, Norway, Iceland, Estonia
- OverDrive MP3 Audiobook 161.2 MB
- OverDrive Listen 161.2 MB
Douglas Adams (Author)
Douglas Adams died in May 2001 at the age of 49. He was the author of five books in the Hitchhiker's Trilogy, including The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; The Restaurant at the End of the Universe; Life, the Universe and Everything; So Long, an...