If you just can't decide what to wear, this enlightening guide will lead you through the diverse and sometimes contradictory aspects of fashion in a series of lively, entertaining and thoughtful essays from prominent philosophers and writers.
- A unique and enlightening insight into the underlying philosophy behind the power of fashion
- Contributions address issues in fashion from a variety of viewpoints, including aesthetics, the nature of fashion and fashionability, ethics, gender and identity politics, and design
- Includes a foreword by Jennifer Baumgardner, feminist author, activist and cultural critic, editor of Ms magazine (1993-7) and regular contributor to major women's magazines including Glamour and Marie-Claire
The EPUB format of this title may not be compatible for use on all handheld devices.
- Kindle Book
- OverDrive Read
- Adobe PDF eBook 3.3 MB
- Adobe EPUB eBook 687.8 KB
Jeanette Kennett (Editor)
Series EditorFritz Allhoff is an Associate Professor in the Philosophy Department at Western Michigan University, as well as a Senior Research Fellow at The Australian National University's Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics. In addit...
Jessica Wolfendale (Editor)
Jeanette Kennett is Professor of Moral Psychology at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. She is the author of Agency and Responsibility (2001) and has published widely on topics including empathy, addiction, self-control, , advertising, and l...
- Editor :
- Jeanette Kennett
- Author of introduction, etc. :
- Jennifer Baumgardner
- Editor :
- Jessica Wolfendale
- Other :
- Fritz Allhoff