· High triglyceride levels
· High blood pressure
· Elevated fasting blood sugar levels
· Low HDL cholesterol levels (the good cholesterol)
There are no specific symptoms of metabolic syndrome, but it takes a toll on health. People with metabolic syndrome are 3.5 times more likely to die of a heart-related ailment and 5 times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes. The good news is that you can overcome this deadly syndrome. The authors of Overcoming Metabolic Syndrome, an endocrinologist and a cardiovascular surgeon, have treated thousands of patients; they know how to cut through the confusion and give you’re the basics about how you can restore your health. Among the questions they answer:
· How do I know if I have metabolic syndrome?
· What is insulin resistance? Why is it a critical issue?
· Why does insulin resistance make it so hard to lose weight?
· What is the role of exercise, diet, and nutrition?
· Which medications are used to treat the syndrome?
A Clear and Simple Guide to Better Health!
- Addicus Books
- Publication Date:
- Kindle Book
- OverDrive Read
- Adobe PDF eBook 632.5 KB
- Adobe EPUB eBook 898.8 KB
Scott Isaacs (Author)
Scott Isaacs is a clinical instructor of medicine at Emory University as well as the medical director of Intelligent Health Center. He has done research on obesity, stress, and diabetes and wrote the best selling book Hormonal Balance: Understandi...