WITCHES, MARTYRS, BODYSNATCHERS, ZULUS and RIOTING PEASANTS!
* The BLACK DEATH in Chelmsford!
* The HORRIBLE true stories of the MOAT FARM MURDER and THE DEATH OF JAEL DENNY!
* The terrible tragedy of the GREAT FLOOD of 1880!
* The INCREDIBLE histories of HYLANDS HOUSE and BEAULIEU!
* NAZI BOMBERS over CHELMSFORD!
Chelmsford has one of the darkest histories on record. From the skeletons lying underneath the city – which include a woolly mammoth – to the executions of thieves, witches, martyrs and murderers at Chelmsford's gaol, this book will change the way you see the town forever.
Robert the Bruce was most likely born here; Bloody Mary Tudor lived here; infamous murderers Samuel Dougal and Thomas Drory died here. Including more than sixty rare illustrations, plus an eight-page colour section, read it if you dare!
- The History Press
- The History Press Ireland
- Publication Date:
Adobe EPUB eBook
Robert Hallmann (Author)
Robert Hallmann is a writer and professional photographer. His photographs have appeared in magazines, newspapers including the Observer and on the House of Commons' Christmas card. His previous volumes include Essex: History You Can See and Essex...