Babies are simple, keep it basic—practical and loving advice from a pediatrician with 30 years experience and six kids of his own
When pediatrician Dr. Bob Hamilton's video showing how to soothe a crying infant hit the web, he became a YouTube sensation, garnering over 15 million views in ten days. With 7 Secrets of the Newborn Dr. Hamilton brings parents clear, sensible, warm advice on the first year with baby.
Dr. Hamilton covers topics such as:
* Sleeping (teach them gently to do it themselves)
* Vaccinations (get them, all of them)
* Breast feeding (wonderful for baby, if possible for mom)
* Screen time (don't do it!)
* Eating (let them make a mess)
* Crying (the famous "hold")
* Clothes (completely optional for the first six months)
* Toys (simple and cheap are best)
Dr. Hamilton brings 30 years' experience as a pediatrician, father, and grandfather to the page. His advice is science-based, slightly retro, and strives for a supportive and healthy growing environment for babies AND parents. With Dr. Bob, parents will be prepared to face baby's first year with common sense, confidence, and calm.
- St. Martin's Press
- Publication Date:
- Kindle Book
- OverDrive Read
- Adobe EPUB eBook 4.8 MB
Robert C. Hamilton M.D. (Author)
Robert Hamilton, M.D., has been a pediatrician for more than 30 years and is the founding member of Pacific Ocean Pediatrics in Santa Monica, California. In 1998 Dr. Hamilton founded Lighthouse Medical Missions, and has lead 22 medical mission tea...